I’m sorry about the missing post from last Friday. How is it that one can be pretty much super busy and still have very little to say about it afterward? I got an hour that day to exercise and then read and drink coffee. Woohoo? I guess I could tell you that I was reading Wolf Hall, which has been quite fun and accessible so far, but I haven’t finished it yet, so I don’t want to talk about it much. I’m so enjoying being back in that world; I miss it when I’m gone, although I usually don’t realize that until I’ve been gone a long time.
Other than that, it’s been life and this little guy pretty much 24/7.
In fact, a little more 24 than is desirable right now. Did I mention we’re up to two teeth? Plus, he’s not so good at napping while out and about any more. He used to be able to sleep anywhere through pretty much anything, but now, I guess the world is too interesting.
Anyway, I want to set aside the quotidian for a bit and think bigger. Now that we’re back into the fall semester – I still think that way – I can see to the end of the year, and there are some things coming up in these next few months that I think are going to be lots of fun. (Unlike last year, I’m not as interested in the fall TV schedules starting up. Partially because I’ve got other things to occupy my time – well, just one other thing, really. Well, not really a thing, more of a Little Mister. Mostly, though, it’s probably because my favorite show is already on. Insert happy dance due to excellence of season so far.)
Fun Things Coming Up Before the End of the Year:
- Two events coming up for which I get to dress up!! Like, wear a dress. Like, actually get a new dress and shoes and things. One is a friend’s wedding, and the other is a fancy party in LA. More on that after it happens, hopefully with pictures although they might not be great quality. I don’t think a honking great camera is really the right accessory for my dress.
- Our best British friends are coming this weekend for a visit! I think they want to see all of us, not just the baby, but who knows. I don’t really care. Charles is taking time off, and we’re going to get out and enjoy the area. They’re always fun to be with.
- NaNoWriMo, or the National Novel Writing Month (known to normal people as November). You set a goal to write 50,000 words over the course of the month, and a certain section of the internet cheers you on and helps you persevere to your goal. I did this two years ago and got a big chunk of a novel done. However, it’s basically sat in a drawer for the last two years waiting to be finished. Last year we were traveling for half of the month, so it was impossible to do NaNoWriMo. Even considering trying to do it again this year is probably foolhardy, but that’s because of Little Mister, not because of travel or other time-consuming obligations, and he goes down for naps every day. I’m not committing yet, just rolling the idea around in my head to see how it feels. I need some sort of motivation to keep writing on this book, and competition combined with public accountability is one of the best for me.
- Holidays! Specifically, Little Mister’s first holidays! Need I elaborate?
- Knitting. I still have ambitious plans to produce warm garments for the tiny persons in the family. Here, take a look: for Munchkin, for Little Mister, also for Little Mister, maybe for our cousin’s new bundle. Plus, of course, whatever else strikes my fancy, as well as a gift I’m already working on. This may be slightly overambitious. But, on the other hand, fall is as good as January for productivity of all sorts.
It’s going to be a busy, fun fall. I can’t wait to share it with you here!