Your walk looks delightful! And I hope you are having an excellent visit with your guests this week. Here, we are preparing for celebrating Easter – “The best day of the year!” – and it is good for my heart.
Today, I thought I would share some delightful titles for kids’ books since I was asked about that recently. The Munchkin likes to read, or look at pictures would be the more accurate statement. She has some she likes “reading” again and again – and these are also ones she likes me to actually read to her. Last night we had a moment when I said…”I think that’s enough. We’ve already read it four times!” This list is in semi-constant fluctuation.
Here are the Munchkin’s Top 5 at the moment.
- The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton – Munchkin likes attempting to name the animals.
- Goodnight, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann – She loves the “Goodnight” page, particularly if read with different voices.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault – She counts the letters and calls each coconut “ball.”
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones – This is her absolute favorite that’s been slightly destroyed. (See here for more on that.) Beautiful pictures and she knows its about “Je-Jo” (Jesus) which is awesome!
- Grandpa Green by Lane Smith – She has also loved this one to pieces – literally. She’s been known to clap when I take it off her dresser where it stays for safe-keeping now.
But I am quite excited about her library’s newest edition….
Thanks Aunt Kristen and Uncle Charles! Its beautiful!