Amazing to think that it’s been 100 posts already. I know I wouldn’t have kept it up if we hadn’t been sharing this blog, so thank you! It looks like the next milestone will be a 1-year anniversary.
Again, our lives here on the left coast are taken up with planning things and trips and stuff, so although last week was busier than usual, there’s not much to talk about here. Instead, I think I’ll bring us back down to a level of daily matters and offer up a list of the little things that are making me happy at the moment.
1. I’ve been blown away by our church family, especially lately. It really is starting to feel like we have, not just friends, but actual family here in the Bay Area. With all of our biological blood thousands of miles away, it can get lonely, even with good friends, and even though we really like hanging out together by ourselves. But I think they’ve adopted us, and it really is lovely.
2. I finished my winter hat, and I think it came out well, but it has yet to be blocked, so I’ll put up pictures on Friday.
3. So excited that it’s almost November!! Otherwise known as Doctor Who month. Two new specials are coming out, and as a bonus, this month’s 50th anniversary short story should be the one written by J. K. Rowling. (I’m a big fan of her other work.) By the way, I got the coolest disappearing Tardis mug from a friend this past week and have been enjoying tea, coffee, whatever I can make an excuse for, from it since.
4. Soon and very soon we get to see family and some of our oldest and best friends, and it’s going to be awesome! It even (well, far and away, to be honest) outweighs my excitement about the Doctor Who stuff. We love these guys and can’t wait for a fun visit with them. I’ll tell you about it in the next couple of weeks.
5. And finally, just to round it out, last week I made these brownies from Bakingdom, one of the blogs I check nearly every day, and they are still making me happy. Her photographs are so delicious themselves that you could put on the pounds just looking at them. I’ve only tried a couple of the recipes and both have been easy and good, and these brownies are something else. The pretzels are the only part keeping me from eating the whole pan in one go; if it was just the straight brownies frosted with Nutella, they would have been gone long ago.
I hope your week is as happy as mine is shaping up to be, full of family and sugar and crafting and maybe some goofy TV.