Is it raining over there? Its raining over here. Its been raining for days.
At least it feels like that. Today, the forecast is 100% chance of rain – ALL DAY LONG. And the weather is tracking with the weatherman so far. Its rained 100% of the day, so far.
Is this what it feels like in Seattle on any given week? In London?
Hello Joaquin. The Hurricane; not the Phoenix.
Apparently we are not slighted to get hit by Joaquin anymore, but we have lots and lots of rain, along with the rest of the states between here and
the homeland Florida. Not being a weather person, I’m unsure if this rain is part of Joaquin or another storm. There’s been talk of a nor’easter, but now all the weather mumbo-jumbo is rolling together and creating sophisticated sounding confusion for laymen like me. Here’s what I do know.
Rain Results = 68% Hilarity and 100% Mess
- After looking at the news and radar, Munchkin is convinced that Joaquin is a red cloud, and she’s been asking when the red cloud will show up. I keep telling her that’s the radar making the projected path….I’m speaking gibberish.
- Munchkin insists on using her umbrella and I insist on her wearing a raincoat. Meaning: I am hit non-stop with the umbrella on the way to and from the car.
- Since Little Man is a baby, he doesn’t have a rain coat. I cover his carseat with an extra raincoat of Matt’s or a blanket which he promptly pulls off right after I leave the cover of the porch.
- Gibbs needs to go outside to do stuff – like chase imaginary squirrels (because they are all hiding in trees from the rain) through muddy puddles and then lays in the mud, like a lion, to catch her breath. And then brings the mud inside.
- There is a towel on the kitchen floor for Gibbs to walk on as she comes in to get a little over the dampness off her feet. Little Man keeps trying to drag it to the family room with his teeth. “That is not your blanket!!!”
So we’re hoping for 100% chance of a good movie for the afternoon.
Side note: I feel like if I saw Joaquin Phoenix randomly on the street here in Virginia – I would think he was just another hipster seeing the sights and eating the yummy local food and would glance the other way. If I was ever famous, which not even 1% of my soul desires, that’s the kind of famous I’d like to be. Recognizable and anonymous all wrapped up together.